Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How to apply with brushes

Hi there! Today I am going to discuss the importance of using brushes when applying makeup. I don't use them for everything, but I do like them for a lot of things. For one, I feel that eye shadow has more of a pop of color when using brushes. This is because the concentration of powder is more when you use brushes. To keep it simple, use the chart below for reference.

Refer to this chart for help on what brushes to use
Basically I use brushes for dramatic looks. I use them for shadow as mentioned before, but I also use them to fill in my eyebrows. I love the small angle tip brush for eyebrows. I have two of those, one also for my gel eye liners that need to be applied via brush.

I also use brushes for the obvious things, for example blush and powders. However, many people don't know the importance of applying liquid foundations and concealers using a brush. It creates continuity and allows for less makeup to be used. Many people just use their fingers, and that is more than fine. However, for a more fluid look and a clean looking, seamless face, use a brush. It really helps.

That leaves the question, what if I can't afford a fancy foundation brush? Well, you don't need a fancy brush to get the job done. There is a product line that is extremely reasonably priced, as well as pretty good quality. It is called E.L.F, which stands for Eyes Lips Face.
Use the link above to view their awesome product line.

What about eye shadow application? I love Mary Kay's eye brushes, they are soft and hold on to powder really well. I use their smudge brush, their crease brush, and their eye color brush. These work very well, especially if you just lightly dab them in water and wipe them on the back of your clean hand before. I love them! You can get these from this website here.

That is all I have for now folks! Hear from you soon!

Follow me on LinkedIn!

No comments:

Post a Comment