Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Makeup for Brown Eyes

Hi everybody!
I know that with all the makeup out there, and with so many colors to choose from, it can be hard to decide what looks best, as well as execute flawless eye shadow.

 With that in mind, I have decided that I am going to start a four part blog discussing 4 eye colors and what shades work best with those eye colors. Each shade will have one or two articles depending on how much there is to consider. Here are the four shades I am going to consider:
1. Brown Eyes
2. Green Eyes
3. Blue Eyes
4. Hazel Eyes. 

OK to start: Brown Eyes. Truly people with brown eyes can consider using just about any shade of eye shadow/eye liner. However, what works best for one brown eyed person may not be suitable for another.

First lets consider the most common tones used on brown eyed people. I personally have dark brown eyes and I prefer dark colors to match with. Take for example the photo on the right. I love using these colors, they both highlight and give my eye lids good color to them. Also, instead of using just brown or black eye liner, I like to mix it up with steely grays and whites. I love using white underneath my eye in my water line to brighten up my eye and make it look bigger.

Now that we have a base, lets consider other more flashy colors. For example, brown eyed people can really rock the bright blues and sparkly grays. However, I don't recommend wearing any bright lip colors with your bright blue eyes. Just to keep that in mind, as nobody wants to look like a certain character from a certain show named Mimi.

Also, purples and pinks are really nice with brown eyes. My favorite way to use purples and pinks is to use light fleshy pink tones with dark purples to create the smokey eye look. Also, this gives variety to your looks and makes for a fun night out makeup look. The look on the left was created using urban decay's naked 3 palette. It's my favorite one, and
i wish i had one of my own....anyways, back to the subject.

There are your first two color schemes. My next post will consider a few more options for brown eyes. After that, I will be on to the next eye color, green eyes. Thanks for reading!

Follow me on LinkedIn!

No comments:

Post a Comment